Carrot cupcakes to celebrate beautiful Springtime.
Get Vanessa’s own delicious Paleo and Keto friendly Carrot Pulp Cupcake recipe – created and tested by Vanessa Bagley
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup (sub stevia, xylitol or sweetener of choice for keto)
1/4 cup coconut milk
2 Tbs coconut oil(melted)
1 mashed banana or 1 orange chopped
3 cups carrot pulp leftovers after juicing
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place cupcake papers into 12 cupcake pan
- Separate eggs and beat egg white until thick.
- ?In another bowl, mix egg yolks, honey, vanilla and coconut milk with an electric mixer until well mixed. Add melted coconut oil to the bowl ?and mix with electric mixer until well blended. Add mashed banana or juice and pulp of an orange to the bowl and mix with the electric mixer until well blended.
- In a third bowl mix almond flour, coconut flour, bi carb soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and nutmeg with a fork.
- Combine ingredients from 2ndand 3rd bowls and mix with an electric mixer. Fold in the shredded carrots and whipped egg white.
- Spoon into cupcake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes- switching the direction of the tray half way through.
- 250gm Philadelphia cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (sub stevia, xylitol or sweetener of choice for keto)
- 2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Mix ingredients together with a fork. Spoon onto cooled cupcakes
Coconut flakes and walnuts
Refrigerate and consume within 3 days.